CYCLE HOTEL PACKAGES FOR THE MURRAY TO MOUNTAINS & HIGH COUNTRY RAIL TRAILS...
MURRAY TO MOUNTAINS RAIL TRAIL PACKAGE
4 DAYS, 3 NIGHTS FOR ONLY $665/PERSON
($549/PERSON EXCLUDING BIKE HIRE)
WANGARATTA – BEECHWORTH – BRIGHT
- 3 nights in 4 star hotel standard and 4 star Trip Advisor visitor rating All-inclusive package^
- Bike hire inclusive of helmet, pump, puncture repair & bottle carrier
- Trail support – call and we will be there to help^^
- Bike delivered the night before your tour starts
- Bike trailer to share – an affordable luggage transfer solution
- Guest, luggage and bike transfer from Bright to Wangaratta (opposite available)
River Tribe Adventures provides everything you need and can tailor the adventure to suit your needs.
LOGISTICS AND SUPPORT:
You will be well looked after and all equipment is in excellent condition and has been carefully selected for the Murray to Mountains trails. If the group gets tired, has a major breakdown or wants a break then just call for help and River Tribe will come to the rescue. Each tour has the option to call for help and for free.^^ Be it for one or the whole group of cyclists we are here to support you on your adventure.
ACCOMMODATION AND COMFORT:
All 4 star standard and each accommodation gains consistent feedback of 4-5 stars on Trip-Advisor. Accommodation providers that we select understand your needs and are keen to support cycle groups. Accommodation is based on twin share, double room/beds.
ALL YEAR ROUND AND AT ONE CONSTANT AND FANTASTIC PRICE:
Come rain, shine, hail or wind, River Tribe Adventures operates all year round. No additional fees or seasonal fees here, one fixed price all year round, demand or no demand it stays the same.
5 STAR SERVICE = 5 STAR RATINGS:
River Tribe receives 5 star ratings for its tours and services. We provide the best service with a smile and with passion. We love what we do and want you to love what you do, we are here to help and ensure everything is easy, comfortable and a little adventurous.
STUNNING LANDSCAPES AND QUALITY TRAILS:
The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail has stunning views of bushland, farmland and vineyards. Stop at cellar doors, cafes, producers, by the river or on the trail. Cyclists get to enjoy high quality sealed trails that cut through the high country. The main trail, Murray to Mountains Rail Trail, is over 120km long complemented by surrounding trails, peddle to produce, world class mountain bike tracks and the High Country Rail Trail.
Start in either Wangaratta or Bright. The following is an example Itinerary based on the route from Wangaratta.
DAY 1 – WANGARATTA
- Check out the local area with the following options (suggestions only):
- Check out the CBD and take a walk along the river trail maybe for for a dip in the Ovens River at Sydney Beach or Frank Garth Reserve.
- Pedal to Produce in Milawa^.
- Kayak the Ovens River with River Tribes exclusive kayaking options^.
- Check out the Warby Ranges National Park. Take a hike with options from 1 to 4 hours^. Ask for further details.
- Check into your accommodation.
- Walk 2 minutes to town for dinner^.
DAY 2 – BEECHWORTH
- Load up and head out. Maybe stop at the Ovens River Precinct area for a hearty breakfast and a good coffee. Get a picnic lunch from a local producer such as King Valley Fine foods.^
- Cycle 40km to Beechworth.
- Take some stops at scenery points and at stations for a rest and lunch and to take in the view.
- Drop into Pennyweights winery before you get to Beechworth. ^
- Check into Beechworth accommodation.
- Explore boutique shops, historic precincts, Beechworths Bridge Road Brewery, Beechworth Honey a massage and take a Gorge or lake walk.^
DAY 3 – BRIGHT
- Load up and head out for breakfast and amazing coffee. Get a picnic lunch from one of the many great cafes.^
- Cycle 70km to Bright.
- Stops along the way may include Gapsted and Boyntons vineyards, the rail trail cafe or the Red Stag for a byte and taste.^
- Jump in the Ovens River to cool off along the way or just enjoy the emerging Alpine mountains.
- Enjoy a rewarding and well deserved beer at the Bright Brewery before checking into your accommodation.^
DAY 3 & 4
- Bright has plenty to do, here are a few ideas^:
- 4WD drive tour into the surrounding alpine areas.
- Mountain bike tours
- Abseiling at Mt Buffalo
- Cycle to Wandiligong
- river swimming, chocolate tasting and plenty of great cafes
- Transfer back to Wangaratta in the morning or afternoon.
SANDY CREEK BRIDGE PEDAL FOR PICNIC - ADD THIS ONTO YOUR PACKAGE FOR $249/PERSON
Tour Name: Pedal for Picnic – Sandy Creek Bridge
Time Allowed: No restrictions here, enjoy the ride and get back before the bats come out
Distance: 10km to the bridge and then up to a 40km option
Departure Times: 09:30am with alternative times available
Grade: Easy to moderate and suitable for all abilities with a general fitness ability
For: Everyone from 15 and up
Notes: Support vehicle provided
Cost: Departing Wangaratta and Beechworth $149/guest. including bike hire.
This picture perfect trail follows lake hume from tallangatta to wodonga, a stunning ride, well maintained trail with amazing views of the water, hills & natural grass lands. river tribe adventures provides transportation to and from the trail along with multiple exit points along the route.
sandy creek bridge tour – self guided – day tour this tour takes you to one of the most iconic cycle bridges in australia. river tribe transport you and you bike (bike is hire available) to tallangatta. here you can take a look around town before heading out on the trail. enjoy the trail as it follows the hume dam with views of rolling hills, open pasture and along the way you may spot a few eagles or maybe a wedge tail.
You stop at the sandy creek bridge where river tribe provide you with a local produce picnic with drinks and the perfect view. after your picnic you can continue along the trail until you reach wodonga or end at one of the reserves along the way. river tribe provide cycle hire, picnic, drinks transportation to and from wangaratta or beechworth. Allow for a full day adventure.
- River Tribe can organise an additional nights accommodation at Wangaratta for $125 to $145/night and subject to availability and costs charged by the provider (this does not include hire or other services).
- ^ Food is not included. Expenses are not included.
- ^^ Cycle support is available with 1 call out and transport available per group/tour. More than 1 call out will attract additional fees.
- ^^^ Additional tour options are available. Additional bike hire time is available subject to availability.
- Tailoring of the above tour can be arranged and subject to availability.
- Bike hire, transfer, cycle support and accommodation is included without any further service and as supplied in writing per the above description. The optional extras, ideas and suggestions are not included.
- Prices are quoted per person and based on twin share in a double room/bed.
All tours, services, equipment use and rentals and costs are subject to agreement to the following terms and conditions:
- River Tribe Adventures Terms and Conditions
- River Tribe Adventures Service & Equipment Rental & Use Agreement
- Legal, indemnity, insurances and assurances Agreement
By purchasing a tour or a product all participants agree to these terms and conditions. For full details please read “Terms and Conditions” page.